DUAL Ports aims to decarbonise Regional Entrepreneurial Ports
(REPs) ́ resources through a shared eco-innovation port programme
that minimises their environmental footprint.
The objective of DUAL Ports is
- reducing the environmental footprint
of regional entrepreneurial ports.
- improving the sustainability of port operational
and administration resources.
- promoting responsible growth and supporting
eco-innovation oriented development.
The project will ultimately enhance ports’ energy efficiency
and performance, facilitating low carbonization at reduced cost,
with added value in terms of knowledge and investment.
- DUAL Ports is an Interreg North Sea Region project started
in December 2015, with a duration of 3 years.
- DUAL Ports is based on the operational pilots
in Regional Entrepreneurial Ports (REP’s).
- DUAL Ports will be measured in the concrete success of the pilots
and the pilots’ tranferability to other REP’s.
- DUAL Ports addresses the Programme objective of promoting
resource efficiency and stimulate the adoption of new products,
services and processes to reduce the environmental footprint of
regions around the North Sea.
- Port of Oostende
- Business Vordingborg
- Port of Vordingborg
- Port of Skagen
- Orkney Islands Council Marine Services
- ITM Power
- Fair Winds Trust
- Port of Zwolle
- Hamburgisches WeltWirtschaftsInstitut (HWWI)
- Niedersachsen Ports GmbH & Co. KG Branch Emden
Facts about DUAL Ports
Duration: 3 years
Budget: 5.2 mio. euro
The participating ports
and local authorities are
expected to implement
initiatives that will reduce
The Port of Oostende
is Project Leader of
Business Vordingborg is
responsible for the com-
munication of the results
of the project